Terms & Conditions of Sale
BIDDING AT THIS AUCTION, WHETHER IN PERSON, BY AGENT, ABSENTEE BID, TELEPHONE, EMAIL, INTERNET OR OTHER MEANS, CONSTITUTES YOUR ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF THESE "TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SALE".
If you do not understand any of these terms or conditions, please ask a staff member or contact The San Rafael Auction Gallery for clarification before registering. NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, FOR ANY REASON.
BUYER'S PREMIUM ADDED TO ALL LOTS PURCHASED
Bidders (In-House, In-House Absentee, Phone) 20% of the "Hammer Price" for items up to $150,000, and 15% of the "Hammer Price" for items over $150,000 .
LiveAuctioneers & Bidsquare Online Bidders 25% of the "Hammer Price" for items up to $150,000, and 20% of the "Hammer Price" for items over $150,000 .
1. All buyers must have a bidding number and shall supply The San Rafael Auction Gallery, Inc. with their name, address, phone number and if so requested a bank reference. A form of picture ID is required to verify information given.
2. The highest bidder shall be the buyer at the "hammer price" and any dispute shall be settled at the Auctioneer's absolute discretion. An audio recording is made of each auction to verify auction results, if necessary.
3. The Auctioneer has the right at his absolute discretion to refuse any bid and to advance the bidding as he may decide.
4. California Sales Tax will be paid on 1) The Hammer Price and 2) the Buyer's Premium.
5. All Purchases will be subject to 9.25% California Sales Tax unless the buyer provides the San Rafael Auction Gallery, Inc. with a valid Resale Certificate at the time of registration. Merchandise purchased with a resale permit from a state other than California shall be sold outside of California. Sufficient ID, i.e., a business card, is required.
6. Non-Resale purchases from Out of State must be shipped from The San Rafael Auction Gallery, Inc. by common carrier, or California Sales Tax is applicable.
7. All Lots are to be paid in full by cash, approved check, MasterCard or Visa at the close of the auction.
PLEASE NOTE: All invoices over $10,000 must be paid by wire transfer or bank check.
Auctioneer reserves the right to hold merchandise until a buyer's check clears. There will be a $30.00 handling fee charged, each time a check is returned from the bank for any reason.
8. NO LOT MAY BE TAKEN FROM SAN RAFAEL AUCTION GALLERY, INC. UNTIL THE AUCTION HAS ENDED, AND PROPERTY HAS BEEN CHECKED OUT BY AUCTION STAFF.
9. All lots must be taken away at the buyer's expense by the Wednesday following auction. Lots not removed by this time may be subject to a $5.00 per day storage fee, per lot purchased.
10. The San Rafael Auction Gallery, Inc. will be open until 6pm the day of the auction.
11. The property in a lot shall not pass to the buyer until the purchase price has been paid in full, and the auction is over, but, the lot shall be at the buyer's risk in all respects from the fall of the hammer.
12. Any representation or statement by The San Rafael Auction Gallery, Inc. as to authorship, attribution, genuineness, origin, date, age, provenance, condition or estimated selling price is a statement of opinion only. Neither The San Rafael Auction Gallery nor its staff is responsible for the correctness of such opinions. Every person interested should exercise and rely on their own judgment as to such matters.
13. All measurements, sizes and weights are approximate.
14. There may be minimums placed on some items.
15. This sale is being conducted pursuant to Section 2328 of the Uniform Commercial Code and Section 535 of the Penal Code.
16. All lots to be sold AS IS, WHERE IS. ALL SALES FINAL.
17. SHIPPING. Shipping is at buyer's cost. If a sale results in a canceled sale, we do not refund shipping or return shipping costs. Please contact one of the shippers listed below, or a shipper of your choice, for a shipping quote prior to bidding. They will need the lot number, short description, approximate selling price and your shipping address. They will pick up, pack and ship your items to you. For information on shippers, Click Here.
BIDDING AT THIS AUCTION, WHETHER IN PERSON, BY AGENT, ABSENTEE BID, TELEPHONE, EMAIL, INTERNET OR OTHER MEANS, CONSTITUTES YOUR ACKNOWLEDGEMENT AND ACCEPTANCE OF THESE "CONDITIONS OF SALE".
Consigning Just Got Easier
Use our new consignment form. We are always available to answer consignment questions. For your convenience, we now have an online form where you can submit item inquiries, with pictures, allowing us to quickly and accurately respond. You can also call us directly to set up an appointment (415) 457-4488.
Fill Out An Absentee Bid Form
The San Rafael Auction Gallery now offers a convenient absentee bid form you can fill out and submit through our website.
You Can Bid Live Online
All of our auctions occur in house and online. Our auctions can be viewed approximately 10 days prior to an auction through our online provider, Live Auctioneers. First time bidders will need to create a free Live Auctioneers account to bid with us online.